“Why wait until you are occasionally abroad, why not the moment you want it right here in Paramaribo?”
The dream of l’Hermitage owners was to create the best restaurant in Paramaribo. This journey began on the moment restaurant l’Hermitage opened its doors in May 2019. Great ambiance and fine dining options of French/ European cuisine made with abundant first class local ingredients and hints of Surinamese, Oriental and other international flavors. Lunch time offerings of both authentic traditional spicy Suriname lunch dishes as well as surprising comfort World Cuisine. Dinner time is all about finesse. Dishes are meticulously crafted to perfection from a multitude of elements the moment you order. Cooked the classical way with carefully balanced fine flavors and plated as pieces of art by the bouncing heart of our restaurant: a team of internationally experienced chefs who, together with their brigade of excellent cooks cater to your culinary dégustation. Serving top wines and bubbles from around the world, a nice selection of cocktails, fresh tropical juices and a wide stock of spirits.
l’Hermitages ambiance and comfort can best be characterized by:
- its friendly and well-trained staff that will surpass your expectations;
- the attentive caring for you and an eye for every detail;
- the ever-changing decor of paintings and sculptures from the private collection of the owners;
- outdoor-dining in an intimate Walaba cabana in the beautiful tropical garden;
- indoor air conditioned dining halls and a round table private dining room;
- free secure parking in the spacious TBL Cinemas parking lot right in front of our entrance
Open Tuesday to Saturday (lunch orders from 11:00 – 15:30 and dinner orders from 18:00 – 20:30 | restaurant closes at 21:30). Come and treat yourself, friends or business relations to an unforgettable lunch or dinner event of joy, comfort and pure satisfaction. Ask for our private function options. Family Lunch every last Sunday of the month.Feel like enjoying our food at your home?: You may take-out and we also deliver to Paramaribo South and Paramaribo Central for a modest delivery fee.
Open your senses to all the beautiful flavors and the hospitality and service level of l’Hermitage.
l’Hermitage the key to a better mood
- due to lockdown of our airspace and the subsequent absence of air cargo we proudly cook with locally sourced produce only;
- social distancing and other extra hygiene rules apply in the restaurant;
- We must close the premisses no later than 21:30 to enable our staff to clean-up and reach home safe before the 11pm curfew